Odessa Grain Terminal
4 Khlibna Havan St., Odessa, 65003 Ukraine
Ph: +38(048)723-24-60; ph/fax: +38(048)741-14-21
Odessa port elevator was placed in operation in 1962. Over the years of its activity the enterprise had become one of the biggest grain transshipment complexes on the Black Sea coast of Ukraine.
Odessa Grain Terminal contains the bakery put into operation in 1844 and the port elevator.
The elevator renders services in grain taking, storing and boat loading for both export and import.
The service package includes:
- wagons release process at the station Odessa-port;
- acceptance of wagons to own access rails;
- acceptance of grain cargo from motor transport - 80 cars per day;
- definition of grain crops quality by rapid analysis;
- unloading of grain cars with 100% transshipment of cargo with tensometric balance – 100 wagons per day;
- grain shipping from a ship with 100% transshipment;
- grain shipping to maritime containers.
The total service grain capacity of “Odessa Grain Terminal” makes 97.5 thousand tons including the elevator one – 67.5 thousand tons and the store one – 30 thousand tons.
The main storing cultures are wheat, maize, barley, rape sunflower.
The processing capacities of the subsidiary’s mill makes 77 thousand tons of flour per annum, daily output – 335 tons.
The subsidiary’s capacities in taking/shipping of grain:
- taking from railway transport – 7000 ton/day;
- taking from motor transport – 1000 ton/day;
- water transport loading – 7000 ton/day;
- motor transport loading – 350 ton/day.
The enterprise has a certificate “Quality standard - 2006”, is rewarded with a certificate of the International specialized exhibition – conference “Ukraina zernova - 2007” for continuous improvement and modernization of transshipment technology of new types of small-seeded grain crops, mastering of container transshipment and introduction of experimental autoloaders, and it is a winner of the national competition “High Grade”.